PART 1: GENERAL - WARDROBE AND CLOSET SPECIALTIES (Section 10900)
1.01 SECTION 10900:
Closet Specialties including ventilated hardwood shelving
1.02 RELATED SECTIONS:
Appropriate related Sections shall be listed.
A.) Submit properly identified product data for closet shelving required, including specifications, installation guidelines and product warranties.
B.) Submit shop drawings showing closet shelving layouts and installation procedures.
C.) Submit representative samples showing the finish selected by the Architect-Engineer.1.04 PROTECTION:
Protect finished installation from damage and defacement until acceptance by either the Owner or Owner's representative. Repair or replace damaged shelving at no additional cost to the Owner.
PART 2: PRODUCTS
2.01 HARDWOOD SHELVING:
A.) Ventilated shelving by Gregory Wood Products to include both Gregory and Kenosa™ shelving or approved equal. Standard ventilated shelving shall be 12" or 16" wide and up to 12' long.
1. Gregory shelving shall have front and back rails made from FAS Grade Ash. Slats and dowels shall be made of ash or selected hard wood. Every slat shall be both nailed and glued in place.
2. Kenosa™ shelving shall have front and back rails made from FAS Grade Ash and dowels made from selected hardwood. Every dowel shall be glued and pressed into pre-formed holes and/or slots.
3. Standard paint finishes include Pickle White, Clear Natural and Brown Tint. The finish shall consist of multiple coats of lacquer lightly sanded prior to shipment.
B.) Solid shelving by Gregory Wood Products to include both Gregory and Kenosa™ shelving or approved equal. Standard solid shelving shall be 12", 16" or 20" wide and 8' long.
1. Shelving may have either one rail in front or two rails both front and back made from FAS Grade Ash.
2. Shelving shall be made using 1/2" thick furniture grade plywood having surfaces of either Ash or Birch veneer.
3. Standard paint finishes include Pickle White, Clear Natural Tint and Brown Tint. The finish shall consist of two coats of lacquer lightly sanded prior to shipment.
2.02 HARDWOOD ACCESSORIES & ATTACHMENT HARDWARE:
A.) Hardwood Accessories shall include Support Poles, Shelf & Show Supports and Garment Rail Hangers. These shall be made from FAS Grade Ash and finished in a manner similar to shelving using two coats of lacquer lightly sanded prior to shipment.
B.) Attachment Hardware, including Back Clips, Wall End Brackets, Shelf Rail End Caps and Garment Rail End Caps, shall be furnished by Gregory Wood Products. Installation using attachment hardware furnished by others shall void all warranties written or implied.
PART 3: EXECUTION
Install shelving where indicated in strict accordance with manufacturer's printed installation guide lines and in accordance with approved shop drawings.
3.02 CLEAN UP:
Work areas shall be swept free of scrap shelving and debris upon completion of the installation.